September 8 & 10, 2017
The perfect evening for music and dance lovers alike.
A donation to The Tallahassee Ballet is a wonderful way to support your local arts community. Donations to The Tallahassee Ballet help support our community outreach programs, including Dance Chance (free dance education for economically disadvantaged children), Backstage at the Ballet (free community event that lets people see behind the scenes), and more. The Tallahassee Ballet is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, and all donations are tax deductible.
Membership is a perfect way to show your support of The Tallahassee Ballet as an integral part of the cultural center of our community and it affords the most prestigious benefits for those who want to enjoy a fulfilling theatre experience. Members enjoy:
- Preferred seating
- Parking passes
- VIP wine reception during opening night intermission
- Tax-deductible donation
- Afterglow reception following opening night of The Nutcracker
Click the cover to open the 2017-2018 Season Pamphlet.
Click below to view membership prices and details.
Season Ticket Subscriptions
Season Ticket Subscriptions are a great option for patrons simply looking for great tickets. Subscribers choose from one of two options: Full Season Subscription or Duo Season Subscription.
Benefits for Season Ticket Subscribers include:
- Free ticket exchange privileges
- Advanced seating selection
The three major performances presented by The Tallahassee Ballet this season are:
- An Evening of Music & Dance – September 8&10, 2017
- The Nutcracker – December 16&17, 2017
- Swan Lake & Other Works – May 12&13, 2018
Full Season Subscription (One ticket to each of the three (3) season productions):
- Platinum Level Tickets: $161
- Gold Level Tickets: $131
- Silver Level Tickets: $111
- Bronze Level Tickets: $88
Duo Subscription (One ticket to two (2) of the three (3) season productions):
- Platinum Level Tickets: $113
- Gold Level Tickets: $93
- Silver Level Tickets: $79
- Bronze Level Tickets: $63
Petite Patrons is a unique membership opportunity for children 12 and younger. Members learn about the world of dance and the importance of patronage of the arts, and receive special privileges when they attend The Tallahassee Ballet performances. Petite Patron membership is a perfect gift for the budding dancer or artist, encouraging his or her love and support of the arts. Membership is $40 per season or $30 if parents/grandparents are Season Members of The Tallahassee Ballet.
- A pass and special gift for the abbreviated children’s performance “Meet the Cast” party directly following The Nutcracker (ticket purchase to the performance is not included).
- An invitation to Backstage at the Ballet where Petite Patrons tour the studio, wardrobe area and watch rehearsals at The Tallahassee Ballet.
- Early admission to Kingdom of Sweets.
- Child’s name in each playbill for the year.
*Petite Patron sign-up is at bottom of membership form.
Scholarships and Endowment Funds
- The Tallahassee Ballet Endowment Fund allows you to leave your legacy with a one-time gift. This endowment fund is a permanent fund that provides income each year to support our mission. Our endowment fund is a component fund at the Community Foundation of North Florida (CFNF).
- Pennies for Pointe Shoes Fund helps defer the cost of continually replacing expensive shoes for a Company dancer. Established in 2006 to honor Kathryn Karrh Cashin (affectionately known as KK), resident choreographer to The Tallahassee Ballet for more than 25 years, the fund helps offset costs associated with what she saw as a the most critical need for dancers. She noticed how many soloists and principal dancers in The Tallahassee Ballet went through a pair of shoes a day during peak rehearsal and performance times. With pointe shoes costing at least $60 a pair, the expense became a financial hardship for many families and dancers.
- Ken Cashin Scholarship Fund, established in honor of Ken Cashin’s dedication and leadership to The Tallahassee Ballet, helps Company dancers attend prestigious, nationally recognized summer dance programs. The scholarship enables talented Company dancers to enhance their dance training at a renowned national study program of their choice. Acceptance and participation in these programs brings national recognition to dancers from The Tallahassee Ballet and prestige to our semi-professional company.
- Joyce Straub Fausone Scholarship Fund annually awards a Senior Company dancer financial support for costs associated with ballet, such as pointe shoes and other dance-related items, and includes a tuition waiver. Created in August 2004, this scholarship honor Mrs. Fausone’s 19 years of dedicated service to The Tallahassee Ballet. Among her many accomplishments for the Ballet, Ms. Fausone oversaw the original production of The Nutcracker in 1986 and initiated the DanceChance outreach program in 1997. This scholarship recipient must have been a member of the Ballet for at least two years, have helped with the Ballet’s DanceChance program and/or volunteered extensively to assist the Ballet and act as a positive role model for other dancers.
- Helen Salter Scholarship Fund provides funding to The Tallahassee Ballet School students at the Intermediate or Pre-Professional levels who demonstrate exceptional ability in dance and aspire to pursue an undergraduate degree in dance and/or to dance professionally. The scholarship is named in honor of the late Helen Salter, a former Balanchine dancer, who founded The Tallahassee Ballet in 1972.
To make a donation to any of these programs, please call Carla DeLoach at 850.224.6917, ext. 21.