December 16-17, 2017
Treat yourself to one of the holiday season’s most treasured performances, The Tallahassee Ballet’s The Nutcracker.
Tallahassee Ballet’s The Nutcracker
- The dancer in the pink tutu gave me chills and I felt my eyes tear up because she danced so beautifully!!!
- I truly was very impressed with stage props, costumes, orchestra and last but not least the professional performance of all the dancers and cast.
- We thought the performance was lovely and very professional. You could tell just how much rehearsal time had been spent.
- My granddaughter and I have attended every year for the last 8 years and I think this year’s performance was the best so far. I loved the new costumes and sets. I also like the subtle humor inserted into the show.
- The special effects and quality of the dancing was excellent. The toy maker was the best I’ve ever seen. Loved the humor and the Russian dancer rocked the house!
- EXCELLENT!!!!!!! Very satisfied, as always. This is a holiday tradition for our family and it would not be Christmas without it.
- Very satisfied, as always. This is a holiday tradition for our family and it would not be Christmas without it.
- This was an experience that our child and all her family members will always cherish.
- This performance held my 8-year-old grandson’s attention continuously – a major accomplishment. He talked about the performance to several people the week following it.
- I like the slight changes to the performance each year!! Snow was beautiful, it always brings tears to my eyes. The Snow Queen was amazing! I loved Dew Drop and the new costumes in Waltz of the Flowers very much! Act 2 backdrops were very nice. Sugar Plum and Cavalier were wonderful.
Tallahassee Ballet’s Evening of Music and Dance
- Very elegant and full of fun!!
- Excellent, professional dancers
- It was terrific! The dancers, the costumes, the fabulous musicians. It was worth going for the musicians alone. The soprano was especially magnificent.
- All of the musicians and the soloist were of the highest quality…simply incredible performances by all of them.
- Tally Ballet sparkles. It is a pleasure to follow a young dancer’s progress over the years. Congratulations to all concerned!
Tallahassee Ballet’s Beauty and the Beast
- Beautiful performance and the technology really added more vividness to the performances.
- I loved it. It was a beautiful performance by all of the dancers. I brought my mother, sister, and niece for Mother’s Day and it was the best time ever. All of us enjoyed it immensely. To quote my mother, “This was the best Mother’s Day I ever had.”
- My 4-year-old granddaughter loved meeting Beauty and her sister in the lobby by accident afterward the concert. They both gave her hugs and then went off to the reception. But Isabella wanted to hug the beast, too. No luck. We will join the Petite Patrons next year so that she can meet all of the dancers.
- I thought the ballet was lovely and was a wonderful experience for me and my 5-year-old granddaughter to share. We both loved it, and the brief commentary helped her understand the ballet and how to respond to it by clapping at appropriate points. The abbreviated format was ideal for her, and the costumes were not scary for her. We will definitely attend another performance of an age-appropriate ballet.
Tallahassee Ballet’s Cinderella
- The unity and flow of this performance made it a total theater experience. Instead of thinking about technique etc., I was taken into the story and actually got chills down my spine at the ball when the clock was striking midnight. The dancers have a generosity of movement that invites the spectator in. The invited soloist was a real prince as he partnered Sunday’s Cinderella.
- Can not explain how we enjoyed his performance!! It was done sooo well and was very funny. The talent of dance made it very enjoyable to sit and watch. I did not want it to end!!
Tallahassee Ballet’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
- It was wonderful. A fulfilling evening of dance.
- Great location and wonderful performance. Top notch!
- The children’s performance was just right for my granddaughter. She absolutely loved it – and that makes it wonderful in my book!!